Working from home? Be productive and pain free with these helpful hints.
1. Stick to a routine: It's easy to get distracted when you're home these days. Kids, spouses, pets, laundry all are these to grab your attention away from work. Create a schedule for your day and you'll find it's easier to tune out distractions when you've got goals to accomplish.
2. Create an Office Space: Setting up shop on the kitchen counter or kids playroom can be tough. Important files can be mixed up and sensitive documents can be used to write the shopping list on. If you can set up your own area that will exclusively be used as your office. This will help keep things more organized for you.
3. Sit Up Straight: Slouching all day at your desk can lead to sore shoulders and fatigue. If you want to be more productive and feel better then you should work on better posture. Leaving a post it note on your computer screen can help or you can try an EverRelief Posture Corrector that will prevent hunching of your shoulders and help realign your back muscles.
4. Take breaks: It's easy to get burned out when facing a mounting to do list. Don't get frustrated. You're doing the best you can. Treat yourself to little breaks throughout the day to recharge your batteries and keep yourself as fresh as can be.
5. Ask for Help: If you're feeling overwhelmed the best thing to do is to know when you need some help. It might be from a spouse, a friend or a co-worker but help is available. Someone else might have a solution to your problem that you hadn't thought of or can help you get on the right track.
Hopefully you can use these tips to become more productive and stay sane. We don't know how long this situation will last so hang in there and be good to yourself and we'll all get through this.