Can't go out and do your usual workout? Tips to stay fit and pain free at home.
We're all struggling to keep us with all the changes in the world these days. Our new reality means not being able to get out and do the things we love to do with lots of people. If you're staying home there are still ways to stay fit and healthy. Safety is our number one concern these days so here are some tips to help keep you active and pain free.
1. Keep it Simple: You might not be able to get to a gym, but there are lots of activities you can do in the comfort of your own home. Stair stepping can be great cardio. Even if you don't have stairs in your house you can stack books and step up and down while you bingewatch Netflix.
2. Do What You Already Do: Cleaning can be very physical, especially vacuuming and mopping. If you are unable to go out one day to ride your bike or go for a run clean your house instead. Be careful not to aggravate an existing injury. If you've struggled with sciatica pain in the past simple chores like sweeping can be painful. You might want to consider using a Sacroiliac Support Belt to stabilize you hips to reduce pain and inflammation for lower back or sciatica relief.
3. Use What You Got: You might not have access to a weights of different pounds, but if you are looking to do some arm, shoulder, and back strength training, you can make your own weights by filling up water bottles. If you're feeling super strong switch out water bottles for milk jugs. Just keep adding water if you think it's getting too easy for you.
4. Go Online: Youtube has tons of great workout videos that are totally free to watch. Find the one that works for your skill level or just the one that looks like the most fun to do!
5. Dance Party: Sometimes the greatest exercise can be the simplest. Grab the kids and blast some tunes and cardio at the same time. You'll get a workout and make the day seem a little brighter in these uncertain times. Stay safe and happy!