Get out and move this summer!
Soon it will officially be the start of the best season of the year. There are so many ways you and your family can be active together and enjoy the beautiful weather. Here are some great family activities to get your heart rate going:
1. Get More out of a Walk! Just an average walk with the family can turn into a great opportunity for exercise. No matter where you are, you can squeeze in some extra cardio. Walk at a faster pace while breathing deeper to increase your heart rate and a mini cardio exercise is born.
2. Stairs can be your friend! Kids have lots of energy. Climbing stairs is an incredibly effective cardio and lower-body sculpting workout. You and your family can normally find staircases somewhere in the vicinity of a park or beach getaway.
3. Use What you have! Hopefully your vacation plans include a trip to the water. Take advantage of nature’s biggest pool and get a great workout. When it’s time to cool down from the sun, create a challenge between you and your kids and see how long you can keep your feet off the ground treading water. Try three rounds and attempt to last a little longer each time.
4. Airport or Exercise? It can be both! Airports are like shopping malls these days. You'll usually always have extra time waiting for your flights which is a perfect time to take an exercise break. Take a lap around the concourse together or browse the shops and restaurants. Also, it's a great time to get a break from sitting for hours on end in the plane. If you're finding the flight painful on your back be sure to pack an inflatable seat cushion to relieve the pressure and prevent back pain.
5. Sand Fitness! If you're at a beach get ready to have some fun and workout. Exercising in sand works the body twice as hard with the resistance training. Also, sandcastle building can be a strenuous and fun workout for the whole family.