Give Your Mom the Best Mother's Day Gift, You!
Does your Mom ever say, "I wish I could spend more time with you"? This year especially Moms really just want to be with their children. So save your money and give her something you can't put a dollar value on: togetherness! (Okay, I'm sure she'd love a card and flowers as well)
Make it a day you and your mom won't forget by getting out of the house and having an adventure together. Every mom is different of course, so make sure you think about what your mom really loves to do. Here's a list of possible things you can do with your mom on her special day.
1. Mom and Me Picnic- Pack a basket (or cooler) full of your favorite fruits, snacks and desserts, grab a comfy picnic blanket and drive to your mom’s favorite spot. Whether that is the beach, a mountain top or your backyard, there is just something special about sitting on a blanket and munching on yummy finger food. Bring games to play with the kiddos and a music box for some tunes.
2. Yoga Time- Whether your mom is an experienced yogi and you’re showing interest in her hobby or it’s something she’s never done before but has always wanted to, taking care of your mind and body together is never a bad idea. If your mom suffers from sciatica pain that flares up during yoga class it would be a great idea to get her an EverRelief SI Belt. It will support her hips and provide compression to relieve the pain she might feel during downward dog.
3. Take a Hike - When was the last time you enjoyed nature for a full day? Pack a bunch of snacks, sunscreen, plenty of water and get going! Nature is a great place to exercise, explore and rejuvenate yourself. If you feel like it, bring the whole family along – hiking is more fun when experiencing it as a group!
4. Bike it Out- If you don’t have your own bikes at home, rent a couple for the day. You can do this casually around town with a few stops to grab coffee and snacks or as a workout on mountain bikes exploring nature around you.
5. In Your Own Backyard- Sometimes you don't even have to leave your own backyard for a great Mother's Day Activity. Croquet, cornhole, bocce, outdoor Jenga or horseshoes — what's your family's game of choice? Split into teams and drum up some friendly rivalry — while soaking in rays — with a backyard challenge. Make a yearly tradition, and pass around a trophy too the winner each year.
6. Don't Whine, Drink Wine- If the kids are all 21+, then head to a nearby winery for a Mother's Day tasting. Or, if she's not a "wine mom," try a local craft brewery instead. At the end of the tasting, make sure to grab a bottle or two of her favorite to take home.
7. Scavenger Hunt- Get the kids involved in making a scavenger hunt list. Then, split the family into teams and have them complete the list. We love the idea of including items like "take a video of yourself telling someone three things you love most about Mom" or "find a flower outside to give to Mom."
8. Botanical Garden tour- By early May, flowers will definitely be blooming, which means taking a stroll through a nearby botanical garden is a gorgeous and thoughtful way to celebrate her on Mother's Day.
Take the time to celebrate your mother this year. If you've got the type who hates you spending money on her then this list will definitely come in handy. Think about what she loves to do and then really go all out to make a special day she'll always remember.