Feeling the Pain of those New Year's Resolutions?
2022 started out with the best of intentions for everyone. It was time to take stock of our lives and decide how we wanted to improve ourselves. Some people decide to spend more time with loved ones, beating that sweet tooth, or helping others more than ourselves. But the majority of people decide a new year is the perfect time to get into shape.
Well, now we're a few weeks into the 2022. How is your fitness resolution coming along? Maybe you're a little slow starting or maybe you've hit a few roadblocks along the way. There's no shame in asking for a little help. We've got some tricks and secrets to help your resolution become a reality.
1. Early Riser- This one is the easiest way to get a jump on improving your health. Just set your alarm 20 minutes early (or stop hitting the snooze!), and use the extra time to stretch, do a workout, or a quick yoga session. The added time will actually give you more energy and make all the difference in your day.
2. Start Writing- If you want to give yourself a better chance of reaching your goals – write them down!Equally as important is tracking your goals. Whether you use an app or a notepad, here are a few suggestions for what you should track.
- Pounds lost or gained
- Inches lost or gained
- How you feel after working out
- Time/weight/distance progress
3. Recovery is Important too- There are many tools that can help your body recover from a strenuous workout. If your neck is feeling tight after a new routine you can try an EverRelief Neck Traction Device. Just sit back, relax and feel the stretch as our cervical collar helps relieve headaches and muscle stiffness caused by pinched nerves, neck spasms and herniated discs.
4. Fitness Challenge- If you're having trouble getting yourself going on your fitness resolution then a little push can really help your motivation. There are countless app you can join to give you reminders to get working and show your progress. You can also find a buddy who wants some help as well. You can motivate each other and get yourself moving at the same time.
5. Change it Up- Take some time each week to check in with yourself. Are you starting to dread your workouts? If so, it might be time to switch things up. Some variety in your routine will go a long way in helping you achieve your goals.
There are so many ways to set yourself up for success this year. Give some of these tips a try and see what works best for you. If you start 2022 out right you'll find out how easy it is to keep up a winning routine to improve your health and wellbeing!