Family Camping Tricks and Tips to have a Great Time!
Feeling like you have been cooped up in your house with your family for months? That's because you have! We all have been. In most areas we still will be for a long time to come. But there is a solution. Camping!
It's the perfect way to get out of the house, enjoy nature with your family, and still practice social distancing for everyone's safety.
If you've never explored the great outdoors before then it might seem a little daunting. Here are some tips and tricks to ensure you and your family have a summer camping trip that you'll never forget.
1. Don't Break the Bank- Depending on the size of your family and the kind of campsite you're visiting, there may be a lot of equipment needed. Don't stress about buying all new gear if you're not sure you'll ever use it again. Try borrowing from other family or friends who have camped before. You could also scour Craigslist for people offering gear they don't use anymore.
2. Full to bursting- Some tough decisions must be made on what to pack and what can fit in your car. One great space saver is compression bags. They are perfect for sleeping bags, clothing, and pillows because they compress the contents down to save valuable space. Stuff a compression bag with extra clothing to make a pretty comfy pillow too!
3. Comfy Can be a Necessity- Just because you're in the woods doesn't mean you can't be as comfortable as possible. Air mattresses and sleeping bags are your main concern, but you should also think about the day time. A long hike or bike ride can wear out your backside, so be sure to give it a break. An EverRelief Air Inflatable Seat Cushion can be a lifesaver. It's a space saver that improves the comfort of anything you sit on from campside to mountainside.
4. Camping Cuisine- Everyone looks forward to eating a delicious meal by the fire, but doesn't happen magically. Careful planning of menu, equipment, supplies and storage are needed. Keep a chart of what is needed for each meal and who in in charge of what responsibilities. This will make mealtimes go much smoother.
5. Fun for All- Don't forget about the kids. You might be able to quietly enjoy a good sunset, but depending on the age of your family, it might not be everyone's cup of tea. Remember to bring along toys, games and playing card for the rest of the family. If there's not going to be any cell service, a good book can do the trick nicely.
Summer is the perfect time to build great family memories by being together. So if you've never camped before or you're in the woods every weekend, now is the perfect time to get out into nature.